Abortion clinic in Borivali – Dhanvantari Hospital , Borivali (west)
Abortion doctor – Dr. Deepika Doshi Obstetrician and gynecologist
Abortion is a medical procedure to end a pregnancy. If you are pregnant and considering an abortion and you are not able to make a decision about what is right and what is wrong, you can always seek the help of a doctor.
There are many common reasons for choosing an abortion.
- You don’t want to have any children or you don’t want more children.
- You don’t want to be pregnant right now because it is not a good time to be pregnant or parent a child.
- The foetus has a birth defect.
- You have health problems.
- Pregnancy is a result of sexual assault.
If you are considering an abortion, you can consult our abortion doctor Dr. Deepika Doshi and get more information about the procedure and your options.
Your option for an abortion depends on the duration of your pregnancy.
Types of abortion
- Medical abortion
- Surgical abortion
- Confirmation of how many weeks pregnant you are
- Usually done in pregnancy,
- It involves the use of two medications, mifepristone and misoprostol.
The first medication, mifepristone, is given at the clinic and then, 48 hours later, misoprostol is given.
What to expect?
- Absorbed abdominal pain
- Absorbed abdominal cramps
- Vaginal bleeding
Some patients may have a fever. nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea.
It is normal to experience vaginal bleeding during a mediocation abortion, and it means the tablets are working. Bleeding may be heavy in the first few hours after you take misoprostol. Bleeding usually decreases once the pregnancy tissue passes out.The bleeding usually continues for 3 to 4 days and then decreases and stops within a week or two.
If you soak the pads for an hour or two more, or if you don’t have any bleeding after the medicine, you have to contact the clinic.
It is normal to have pain and cramps after taking a second dose which may be mild or strong. It subsides once the pregnancy tissue has passed out of your uterus.Most of the time, it happens within two to 24 hours after taking misoprostol. You can take a painkiller, or you can use a heating pad. If the pain is very severe and not relieved by medicine, contact your clinic.
How effective is medical abortion?
- very effective in early pregnancy, up to 63 days.
- Success rate: 95 to 98%.
- If the procedure fails, you will require a surgical abortion.
It is possible that your mediaton abortion was not successful if
- You don’t have vaginal bleeding after taking medications.
- I still have pregnancy symptoms.
- Bleeding was present after two weeks.
- In this pregnancy, it is removed by a procedure that takes place in a clinic hospital.
- It does not require any abdominal incisions.In this case, the instruments are passed through the vagina and cervix into the uterus to remove the pregnancy. The procedure is done under IV sedation or local anesthesia.
- The procedure takes 15 to 20 minutes. After the procedure, you have to stay for 2 to 4 hours in the hospital, depending upon your recovery.
- After the procedure, you might have abdominal pain and some vaginal bleeding for a few days.
The reason for follow-up is to ensure that the procedure was completed and there were no retained products.
You will be requested further visits at the hospital by abortion doctor Dr. Deepika Doshi .You may also consult a doctor on call / whatsapp for any questions.
Abortion is safe and rarely causes complications. However, as with any medical procedure, complications are sometimes seen. These include excessive bleeding, infection, injury, or pregnancy tissue remaining inside the uterus.
Some myths and facts about abortion:
1. Abortion is dangerous
Legal abortion is safe if carried out by a trained medical professional.
2. Is it going to make me infertile?
If performed by a trained medical professional, it does not lead to infertility.
3. Abortion increases the chances of miscarriage in the future.
Several studies have found that there is no increased risk of future miscarriage.
For further information Call: 9324263464 Visit: Railway Station, Dhaval Apartment, Factory Lane Near Borivali, Borivali West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400092