Dr. Deepika Doshi is the best abortion doctor in borivali and who can prescribe oral tablets for abortion to terminate a pregnancy safely. Oral tablets are non-invasive abortion that can only be used safely in the early stages of pregnancy, as early as 6 weeks. It entails the oral administration of safe abortion pills that induce an abortion and spontaneously empty the uterus.
If the pregnancy is less than 6 weeks, an oral medical abortion is a simple option. The steps are as follows:
- Ultrasound confirmation of pregnancy duration and exclusion of tubal pregnancy.
- Blood tests are performed.
- Medication is administered under medical supervision.
- Mifepristone and Misoprostol are two abortion drugs that are used to perform safe abortions. Two dosages are administered 48 hours apart.
- Progesterone is a hormone secreted by pregnant women that is required for the growth of the foetus. Mifepristone is an anti-progestin drug that decreases foetal growth by suppressing progesterone function.
- Misoprostol, the second tablet, is given after Mifepristone to stimulate uterine contractions, which can result in the ejection of all uterine contents.
- Bleeding usually occurs within 24 to 48 hours of taking the dose and lasts 5 to 7 days.
- In a few situations, some tissue may be retained, resulting in an incomplete abortion. This may necessitate suction evacuation.